Checked my emails and saw this forwarded to me:
“Had a great experience with Angela of the Membership Office just now. She was so pleasant and personable and gave me great advice regarding the new membership scheme. It was great to speak to someone so nice and efficient.”
I remember this person well and I didn’t think much of the conversation at the time, believing that it would be just another member who forgot about me after hanging up. I’m glad they didn’t because they just made my day just a little bit brighter! (:
I was actually on Twitter this morning and I saw a post that got me to stop and think about everything I’ve done and everything people in my generation have done. It was a status update about this person heading to the States and if they didn’t get what they wanted, they would be crying the whole way back. This made me realize how much I’ve yet to learn. People generally have bad connotations when it comes to my generation. And I don’t completely disagree. For one thing, I know I’ve acted like a spoiled brat more often than I’d really like to admit. I know that and I’m working on being better.
And this is where the hashtag #firstworldproblems comes into play. Anyone who’s ever been on Twitter knows that a lot of teenagers and young adults tend to post many #firstworldproblems tweets, whether they have that hashtag or not. Look it up and see for yourself. It’s okay, I’ll be here while you wait.
Day 5 – a time when you thought about ending your own life
I’m going to be honest here. I’ve thought about it. And even attempted to at least once. All I’m going to say is that it was a very difficult time for me and that I learned to not take life for granted. I’m not going to say that I had it rough, because there’s always someone out there whose life is more difficult and I have no right to compare. Even though it gets hard to be happy all the time. I try my best to look at the brighter side of things. It makes life more fun!
Day 6 – write 30 interesting facts about yourself
I’ll try to do this, but I don’t think I know that many interesting things about me. Let’s see how it goes!
30. I’m actually only 18. Even though people think I’m older.
29. I was born premature. 2 months and 13 days premature to be exact . I was supposed to be born on Valentine’s Day but my heart stopped so I was born on December 1st, 1994.
28. I spent an entire month in an incubator.
27. I was born in the Philippines and moved to Canada when I was about 2.
26. I am the eldest of 4 children.
25. I have about 13 cousins and counting just on my dad’s side of the family.
24. I’m forgetful… So I apologize in advance!
23. I understand tagalog, ilocano and a bit of my dad’s dialect but I don’t know how to speak it.
22. I’m a shy person, but apparently it doesn’t show.
21. I’m afraid of pretty much everything.
20. I didn’t graduate high school at the school I went to for four years. I actually graduated at an alternative learning school (also called an adult school)
19. I actually didn’t even go to my graduation
18. I love baking. In fact, I intend to turn it into a business when I graduate in four years.
17. I am a young entrepreneur and I love what I do.
16. Sometimes, I just love laying in bed and sleeping in or reading.
15. I love reading.
14. I know how to golf. My dad actually made my siblings and I take lessons when I was younger.
13. I love shopping and it makes me so happy that I started my business because I actually get paid to ship online!
12. I tend to push people away even though I don’t want to.
11. I get distracted easily. But at the same time if I drift of info my thoughts or whatever distracted me, it takes a bit of effort to get my attention again.
10. I do so much thinking that sometimes I feel like I’m on the outside looking in.
9. Even though I love going out, most of the time, part of me is separate and is always just in its own world thinking about things.
8. I have a low self-esteem and I feel really bad about myself a lot. So that’s why I don’t take compliments well. And it also means I’m negative when it comes to personal things.
7. I’m scared to go back to school in September because I don’t know if I know anyone there in my year.
6. I hate being out of my comfort zone. Which is one reason why I’m scared to go back to school.
5. I put up a façade when I get uncomfortable. It actually just consists of me pretending to be outgoing and comfortable when really, I’m scared to death of my surroundings.
4. I tend to either be in the extremes. Either I’m too nice, or I come off as really rude. But I hate being mean/rude so I’m usually always really nice even when I shouldn’t be.
3. Even though I fight with my siblings, I love those kids a lot and I’m not sure what I’d be like if they weren’t around.
2. I only like cleaning when someone doesn’t make me do it.
1. I am a very indecisive person. But I’m working on that.
Oh wow, I actually did it! I’m so surprised that I did. I’m sure there’s more, but you have to read on and get to know me better!
How you enjoyed! See you all soon!